Junior Member

Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex
Default Putting a word into a cell.

I would like to put a word into a cell depending on the value in another cell.

Example:

Cell A1=399
Cell B1=401
Cell C1=400

Cell D1= Pass or fail

So if C1 is within or equal to A1 and B1 I would like D1 to say Pass.

If C1 is outside the range of A1 and B1 I would like D1 to say Fail.

Also if its Pass I would like it to be Green text and Fail to be Red text.

Thanks in advance

Carl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=IF(AND(C1=A1,C1<=B1),"Pass","Fail")
also select D1 and use Format/Conditional Formatting, and change the 2nd
dropdown to be "equal to", and type the word "pass" (no quotes) into the 3rd
box, click Format, click the Font tab, choose a green font, then click OK&
then the Add button, repeat for fail & red font.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

--
the-jackal