Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Cell 255 Character - Error Mail merge to MS word.

Randoo

There are some real issues with this particularly in Excel/Word before and
including 2000.

It seems one of the following should work

1) In WORD go to ToolsOptions...General and check confirm conversion at
open. This will prompt you for Data Type to use, ODBC, OLEDB, DDE, etc.
Select DDE and see if that works

2) Delete the headers in the Excel File. (Makes it a little more difficult
to manage in Word but...

Seems this is something the Excel and Word teams have not successfully fixed
since Excel had a 255 character limit in a cell ;-)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Randoo" wrote in message
Greetings,

I am having difficulties with extracting data from an excel cell with data
255 char. in length when i use the mailmerge function.... The info. in MS

word is truncated to 255 in length... please help!!

I am kind of newbee for with database with large amount of info..... I
have
spent 100hours in collection info. and designing the current database.
Be
good if someone can give me suggestion.

I have little knowledge in VBA also (i might need to learn about it
however
if that's the only quick fix to the problem.

Thank you in advance :)
Randoo