Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format - gant chart

Hi

I am trying to use the guide below (link) to build a simple gant chart
(excel sheet). My problem is that if I have a task that is below one week of
duration it's not catch by the conditional formating. I would like the
conditional formating extented in a way where task under a week (ex. 1 day)
will be formatted as having a duration of 1 week.

Any help will be appriciatede

/Steen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to adjust the conditional formatting formula, to something like
this:

=AND(G$3=$B4,G$3<$D4+7)=TRUE

Adjust the added term. +7 adds a shaded cell to every task, +6 adds one to
most tasks, depending on when during the week each begins. It's not perfect,
of course. You can make it more precise by doing modulo arithmetic on the
start and end dates and rounding up or down, but that's something you need
to decide whether it's worth doing.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP