Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Conditional Format of the CHART AREA COLOR

I need to format the CHART AREA COLOR based on a condition. If the data is
higher than a certain amount I need the CHART AREA to be RED.

I do not know VBA too well so please give me as much detail as possable.

Justin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

If your chart is on a worksheet you don't need to use VBA at all.
Make use of conditional formatting instead. Position the chart over a
cell or range of cells. Then format the chart area to have no fill. This
will make the chart transparent such that when the chart is not active
the cells beneath are visible. Then when CF is applied any colour will
show through.

Cheers
Andy

--