Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fLy fLy is offline

Default I want to choose a name then other details will appear on other ce

Help!
I want to make a record of paper types, sheet size, & their corresponding
price(sheet or ream), then, in another worksheet, there's a cell where I will
input/choose which paper type,then on the next cell the sheet size (which
should only show the size available for the chosen type of paper), after
that, the next cell or the cell of my choice will output the corresponding
price. This will seem to be a long explanation for a newbie like me but
please help me if you can. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

For creating your dropdown lists, take a look at Data Validation on
Debra Dalgleish's site

and for Dependent dropdown lists for your pare size

On your pricelist sheet (Sheet1) I assume that
Size will run down column A starting at cell A2, and that Type will be
in Row 1 starting at B1, with corresponding prices being arranged in the
grid defined by these rows and columns.
For the purpose of this exercise, I am assuming 10 sizes from A2:A11 and
4 types from B1:E1

On your Sheet2 I am assuming you are inputting paper choice in cell A1
and Size in B1
In C1 enter
=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$E$11,
MATCH(B1,Sheet1!$A1:$A11,0),
MATCH(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$E$1,0))

Debra also has lots of information on Index/Match as well on her site at

Regards

Roger Govier

"fLy" wrote in message
Help!
I want to make a record of paper types, sheet size, & their
corresponding
price(sheet or ream), then, in another worksheet, there's a cell where
I will
input/choose which paper type,then on the next cell the sheet size
(which
should only show the size available for the chosen type of paper),
after
that, the next cell or the cell of my choice will output the
corresponding
price. This will seem to be a long explanation for a newbie like me
but
please help me if you can. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fLy fLy is offline

Default I want to choose a name then other details will appear on othe

Thanks! The site was very helpful. I learned a lot. I'm just having a tough
time w/ the VB thing for the combo box. I want the autocomplete feature but I
dont know 'bout making one for the paper pricelist i'm doing.

"fLy" wrote in message
Help!
I want to make a record of paper types, sheet size, & their
corresponding
price(sheet or ream), then, in another worksheet, there's a cell where
I will
input/choose which paper type,then on the next cell the sheet size
(which
should only show the size available for the chosen type of paper),
after
that, the next cell or the cell of my choice will output the
corresponding
price. This will seem to be a long explanation for a newbie like me
but
please help me if you can. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fLy fLy is offline

This sample:
used a list located in the same worksheet. I want to apply this on a list
that is located on another worksheet. What changes should I make?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Name the list under InsertNameDefine.

Call it MyList.

Then in DV source dialog enter =MyList

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:51:01 -0800, fLy wrote:

This sample:
used a list located in the same worksheet. I want to apply this on a list
that is located on another worksheet. What changes should I make?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fLy fLy is offline

I already did this before but the combo box doesn't do the same thing it
does for the sample, no autocomplete.. etc. I'm thinking that the VBA code
may need a little tweaking.