KevinK

Default How do I UN Center a Selection

I have a heading, Columns B thru K, text in B and centered across selections.

No matter what I try I can't really get rid of the range selection.

If I undo the format, alignment. OK
Then go and retry it except to B thru F, it reverts back to the B thru K ???

Excel 97 and XP ?

This time it's really weird, I deleted the entire row, and went back in.
It still remembers the range ??

--
KlK, MCSE
Dave Peterson

I think xl2k and xl2002 have gotten better with this.

But I don't have xl97 anymore, so these are guesses.

How about...
Select B1:K1 (or whatever row)
edit|clear|formatting

if that fails...
Select B1:k1
format|cells|alignment tab|text alignment Horizontal|Make it General.

If I recall correctly, I used to cheat when I couldn't get it to do as I wanted.

I'd put =""
in the cells that should look empty.

Then things acted better.

===
One more to try.
select B1:K1
edit|clear|all
(you'll lose everything--values and formatting)

KevinK wrote:

I have a heading, Columns B thru K, text in B and centered across selections.

No matter what I try I can't really get rid of the range selection.

If I undo the format, alignment. OK
Then go and retry it except to B thru F, it reverts back to the B thru K ???

Excel 97 and XP ?

This time it's really weird, I deleted the entire row, and went back in.
It still remembers the range ??

--
KlK, MCSE

--

Dave Peterson
kknudson

Thanks Dave
I've tried the "Make it General", and it clears it, but then when I attempt
to recenter on a slower range poof, it's back.
And I've used the cheat to in the past, it's just buggin me this time.

I'll try the Edit - Clear - formating, and clear all

KlK

KevinK wrote:

I have a heading, Columns B thru K, text in B and centered across selections.

No matter what I try I can't really get rid of the range selection.

If I undo the format, alignment. OK
Then go and retry it except to B thru F, it reverts back to the B thru K ???

Excel 97 and XP ?

This time it's really weird, I deleted the entire row, and went back in.
It still remembers the range ??

--
KlK, MCSE

--

Dave Peterson

KevinK

Thanks Dave, I'll try the clear formatting

I've used the Make General, but it reverts back to the full area, if I try
and realign at a smaller range. And I've used the " " cheat too, this time
it's just buggin me.

Hopefully one of the clear formatting tricks will do it.

KlK