Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default F2 edit cells - new info disappears when I hit enter

Excel 2002 : when I add new data to an existing cell the original lines of
data are okay, but the new data typed in only shows up when I hit F2 and
disappears when I hit enter - like an invisible page break. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Will123" wrote:

Excel 2002 : when I add new data to an existing cell the original lines of
data are okay, but the new data typed in only shows up when I hit F2 and
disappears when I hit enter - like an invisible page break. thanks

Excel will normally not display any cell content that overlaps another
non-empty cell.

What you have done is exceeded the width of the displayable area for the
cell you are looking at. You can make the cell wider, make the font
narrower, or clear the content from the adjacent cell where you would expect
to see the original cell's content.

Pressing F2 opens a cell for editing and that overrides the restrictions on
the normal display properties.

B+
HALinNY