Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Formats "Bleed" down Columns

On some worksheets that have rows highlighted in a color, when I type in a
plain white row below some cells will pick up the color above and I end up
with a checker board across.

No matter how many times I may format a row to be free of any color, when I
go to enter information then the same cells will bleed the above colors.

Just briefly, I color rows certain colors to symbolize if the infomation
has gone out to its recipients and if it has come back fully reviewed. But
it is agravating if certain cells are doing this 'bleeding' before and I
constantly have to adjust.

Can anyone give me tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thomas

ToolsOptionsEdit.

Uncheck "extend data range formats and formulas"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:41:02 -0800, Thomas
wrote:

On some worksheets that have rows highlighted in a color, when I type in a
plain white row below some cells will pick up the color above and I end up
with a checker board across.

No matter how many times I may format a row to be free of any color, when I
go to enter information then the same cells will bleed the above colors.

Just briefly, I color rows certain colors to symbolize if the infomation
has gone out to its recipients and if it has come back fully reviewed. But
it is agravating if certain cells are doing this 'bleeding' before and I
constantly have to adjust.

Can anyone give me tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Couple of thoughts on the subject from yesterday...
http://snipurl.com/13fpl
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Thomas"
wrote in message
On some worksheets that have rows highlighted in a color, when I type in a
plain white row below some cells will pick up the color above and I end up
with a checker board across.
No matter how many times I may format a row to be free of any color, when I
go to enter information then the same cells will bleed the above colors.
Just briefly, I color rows certain colors to symbolize if the infomation
has gone out to its recipients and if it has come back fully reviewed. But
it is agravating if certain cells are doing this 'bleeding' before and I
constantly have to adjust.
Can anyone give me tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PG PG is offline

Default Unchecking "Extend data range formats" is not workingfor row shading

I have rows that are shaded a color. I would like new rows I insert to not be shaded.

I unchecked "Extend data range formats and formulas", but new inserted rows are still shaded.

I unchecked Tools/Auto Correct/Auto Format/"Include new rows and columns in list" but that didn't help either.

How can I make the default fill color for new rows inserted between two shaded rows be "no fill"?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com