Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Cell Formats "Bleed" down Columns

On some worksheets that have rows highlighted in a color, when I type in a
plain white row below some cells will pick up the color above and I end up
with a checker board across.

No matter how many times I may format a row to be free of any color, when I
go to enter information then the same cells will bleed the above colors.

Just briefly, I color rows certain colors to symbolize if the infomation
has gone out to its recipients and if it has come back fully reviewed. But
it is agravating if certain cells are doing this 'bleeding' before and I
constantly have to adjust.

Can anyone give me tips.