Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy rows to another worksheet

Hi,

Can someone describe how I can automatically copy rows that meet a certain
criteria from one worksheet to another worksheet?

I am trying to create a summarry page with only those rows that contain data
in the "detailed worksheet" get copied and inserted into the summarry page.
I would like the rows in the summary worksheet to be inserted below each
other.
Is this possible?

Sally.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your help Don.

Still finding this cumbersome. I have multiple sections(12) with about 200
records within my "Detailed worksheet" and thus I have to filter on each
section and copy/paste each one across. (Advanced filter doesn't copy to
another sheet)

Is there an "IF" function that I can write on my summary sheet that queries
if data exists in my detailed sheet, then copy, if not, then (either hide row
or query next row)?

Thanks Sally.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

One easy way is to use datafilterautofiltercopy/paste. If a continuing
need, record a macro modify to find the last row+1 on the destination sheet

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sally in Toronto" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

Can someone describe how I can automatically copy rows that meet a certain
criteria from one worksheet to another worksheet?

I am trying to create a summarry page with only those rows that contain
data
in the "detailed worksheet" get copied and inserted into the summarry
page.
I would like the rows in the summary worksheet to be inserted below each
other.
Is this possible?

Sally.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are lots of ways to do this such as a for/next loop or better yet a
FINDNEXT macro or my original suggestion. Advanced filter can copy to a
named range on another sheet =mynamed range. More info would be helpful. As
I understand it you have 12 columns. Which columns do the criteria involve
and how?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sally in Toronto" wrote in
message ...

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sally

Advanced filter WILL copy to another sheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi...html#ExtractWs

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Don. Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, I think you are loosing me
with some of the recommendations: I couldn't find anything on findnext macros.

Let me try and clarify what I am doing. The following is the basic
structure by rows. Let's call this the "Detailed Worksheet":

Section Headers.....
Section 1.....
Subtasks (containing sub task name, numerical values, and comments
column).....
(up to 100 tasks/rows)
Section 1 Sub Totals .....
Section 2.....
Subtasks (up to 100 tasks/rows) containing numerical values.....
Section 2 Sub Totals .....
etc. ( 12 sections in total)......
Grand totals........

The scope of the subtasks in static but which subtasks have values and those
values constantly change.

I am looking to automatically calculate a summary worksheet containing the
same structure as the "Detailed worksheet"(Sections, subtask and subtotals)
but only displaying those subtasks or rows that have had numerical values
entered.( alternately if the subtask contains no data, hide the row)

I hope this explains it better.

Really... Thanks for the help.

Sally.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess I would have to see it. Send, to the email address below, if you
like along with DETAILED instructions and examples of what you want done.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sally in Toronto" wrote in
message ...

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Sir,
I am also facing this type of problem.

I want to using macro not filter or advanced filter.

I have a Zone Wise sheet i.e.
Nz01, nz02, nz03.wz01, wz02, wz03, sz01, sz02, sz03 and so on.

Now I want to copy this data according to Zone Wise in another sheet and
another workbook for example nz01
In sheet1, nz02 in sheet2, and wz01, wz02, wz03 in another workbook, sz01,
sz02, sz03 in another workbook and so no.

Is any function or VBA OR MACRO can help me

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Hardeep

See this example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Sir,
Pls provide me the code for this solution
I don't want to use filter or advanced filter because it is a huge data

I will be very thankfull to you

Hardeep kanwar