Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Charity Auction Worksheet. - Copy a row of data - THANKS

I am providing some volunteer work to help a group of ladies that raise
money for children and community at Christmas time. Last year I observed
that mass confusion when trying to correlate Auction Bidders/Auction
Items/Winning Bidders after the Auction.

I believe the solution is simple. I just need assistance with a formula
that will look up a value (WINNERS field) on the winners worksheet (worksheet
number three) then copy a record (row).

Here is what I have so far;

First worksheet (PARTICIPANTS) records participants information.
Proceeding row contains

A B C D E F
1 Part# PartID Fname Lname CoName ADD
2 0100 MAD_100 Bob Roberts Realty 1 723 Amador
3 0101 MAD_101 Tom Thompson ABC Title 1515 Springs
4 0102 MAD_102 Sam Samuels A! Realty 1212 Skyview

On my second worksheet (ITEMS) it contains the TicketID for the item being
auctioned off, a pick list for who donated the item and the item details such
of appraised value etc. The purpose of this page is so that during the
auction the users can simple pick the winners (pick list) and enter the
winning bid amount.

A B C D E
1 TicketID Doner Winner WinningBid$ ValueAppraised
2 0001 MAD_100 MAD_106 $36 $20
3 0002 MAD_112 MAD_121 $100 $75
4 0003 MAD_104 MAD_137 $65 $20

On the third worksheet (WINNERS) I want to be create a formula that will
look at the Winner field (function =Items!C2 [from second worksheet]) and to
copy the user information from the first work sheet (FirstName, LastName,
CompanyName, etc)

A B C D E F
1 TicketID Winner FirstName LastName CompanyName Address
2 0001 MAD_106 =?? =?? =?? =??
3 0002 MAD_121 =?? =?? =?? =??
4 0003 MAD_137 =?? =?? =?? =??

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Your help will help many children in
our community at Christmas time.

TJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create a range name in Participants, covering Cols B:F, from row 2 down.
Make sure that this list is sorted on Col B.

In your Winners sheet, in C2, enter the following:

=IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,Participants,2,0)), and copy down. Do the same for
the other columns, just change the offset from 2 to 3, 4 etc