Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default display extension for date in excel

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yyyy

Steve

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:38:02 -0000, Phil
wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th
April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

dddd dd mmmm yyy
06/04/2002
(Tuesday 4th June 2002)

"Phil" wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I posted yyyy

But I guess you are actually after the "st" "nd" "rd" "th" to be added
after 1,2,3,4 etc

TBH I don't know

You can construct the string with a formula, but not perhaps what you
wanted.

wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th
April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Because I'm a picky old turd that is easily confused may I suggest:
06/04/2002 on my computer in a custom format:
dddd dd mmm yyyy = Tuesday 04 Jun 2002 'Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.
12/04/2002 formatted as: 'wanted month longer than 4 letters.
dddd dd mmmm yyyy = Wednesday 04 December 2002
PLEASE if your format is not mm/dd/yy include 3 or 4 m's to remove confusion.
Lou