-   -   display extension for date in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118766-display-extension-date-excel.html)

phil

display extension for date in excel

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

SteveW

display extension for date in excel

yyyy

Steve

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:38:02 -0000, Phil
wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th
April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

ufo_pilot

display extension for date in excel

dddd dd mmmm yyy
06/04/2002
(Tuesday 4th June 2002)

"Phil" wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

ufo_pilot

display extension for date in excel

sorry, just realized you have the day before the month.....

"Phil" wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

E10

display extension for date in excel

You can do this only via Regional Settings in Control Panel of your
desktop/laptop.

"Phil" wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

Dave Peterson

display extension for date in excel

And I bet you mean the "th" in 6th.

I don't think you'll be able to do this by formatting alone.

--

Dave Peterson

Rookie 1st class

display extension for date in excel

I added "(space)yyyy" to your existing formula and it worked for me
Lou

"Phil" wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

SteveW

display extension for date in excel

I posted yyyy

But I guess you are actually after the "st" "nd" "rd" "th" to be added
after 1,2,3,4 etc

TBH I don't know

You can construct the string with a formula, but not perhaps what you
wanted.

wrote:

I would like to display a date typed in as 06/04/2002 as Saturday 6th
April
2002

I have got as far as dddd dd mmm in the custom number type,which displays
Saturday 6 April.

How do you get the extension to display?

Thanks,

Phil

Rookie 1st class

display extension for date in excel

Because I'm a picky old turd that is easily confused may I suggest:
06/04/2002 on my computer in a custom format:
dddd dd mmm yyyy = Tuesday 04 Jun 2002 'Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.
12/04/2002 formatted as: 'wanted month longer than 4 letters.
dddd dd mmmm yyyy = Wednesday 04 December 2002
PLEASE if your format is not mm/dd/yy include 3 or 4 m's to remove confusion.
Lou