Stefan White

Default Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?

Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?
Basically I have standard forms in Excel that require a number both in
numerics and in words, like a cheque. Ideally I would like to type in the
number and for another cell to = this number but display it in words. Is this
possible using Excel 2000?

Thanks.
Eric

Stefan,

You could type in a list with numbers in one column and the associated words
in the second column, then use VLOOKUP.

1 one
2 two
3 three