-   -   Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/48734-can-you-display-numbers-words-excel-eg-10-ten.html)

Stefan White

Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?

Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?
Basically I have standard forms in Excel that require a number both in
numerics and in words, like a cheque. Ideally I would like to type in the
number and for another cell to = this number but display it in words. Is this
possible using Excel 2000?

Thanks.

Eric

Stefan,

You could type in a list with numbers in one column and the associated words
in the second column, then use VLOOKUP.

1 one
2 two
3 three
39 thirty-nine
40 forty

Eric

"Stefan White" wrote:

Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?
Basically I have standard forms in Excel that require a number both in
numerics and in words, like a cheque. Ideally I would like to type in the
number and for another cell to = this number but display it in words. Is this
possible using Excel 2000?

Thanks.

David Billigmeier

Stefan -
Have a look at the following link, it has a UDF that you can taylor to do
this:

Dave