Smudger

Default Hyperlink to provide feedback

Hi,

All I want to do is set up a hyperlink on an Excell sheet - When pressed
this will create a mail in outlook with the address pre-filled - Is this
possible - I have tried the ronbru... website that you refer to quite a bit
but nothing there seems to help.

I am really desperate now! ;o)

Smudger
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Select your cell. Choose Insert/Hyperlink. Click the E-mail Address tab.
Insert your address in the To: field. Insert the subject in the Subject
field, if desired. Click OK.

In article ,
"Smudger" wrote:

Hi,

All I want to do is set up a hyperlink on an Excell sheet - When pressed
this will create a mail in outlook with the address pre-filled - Is this
possible - I have tried the ronbru... website that you refer to quite a bit
but nothing there seems to help.

I am really desperate now! ;o)

Smudger

Dick Kusleika

Smudger

Under "Link to file or URL" put

mailto:

and it should work for you.

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

"Smudger" wrote:

Hi,

All I want to do is set up a hyperlink on an Excell sheet - When
pressed this will create a mail in outlook with the address
pre-filled - Is this possible - I have tried the ronbru... website
that you refer to quite a bit but nothing there seems to help.

I am really desperate now! ;o)

Smudger

Dave Peterson

Small typo.

No space between the colon and name.

Dick Kusleika wrote:

Smudger

Under "Link to file or URL" put

mailto:

and it should work for you.

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

"Smudger" wrote:

Hi,

All I want to do is set up a hyperlink on an Excell sheet - When
pressed this will create a mail in outlook with the address
pre-filled - Is this possible - I have tried the ronbru... website
that you refer to quite a bit but nothing there seems to help.

I am really desperate now! ;o)

Smudger

--

Dave Peterson

Dick Kusleika

Not really a typo - I just don't know any better.:) Oddly, it works with
the space. Good ol' Excel, correcting my errors again.

Thanks,

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

Dave Peterson wrote:
Small typo.

No space between the colon and name.

Dick Kusleika wrote:

Smudger

Under "Link to file or URL" put

mailto:

and it should work for you.

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

"Smudger" wrote:

Hi,

All I want to do is set up a hyperlink on an Excell sheet - When
pressed this will create a mail in outlook with the address
pre-filled - Is this possible - I have tried the ronbru... website
that you refer to quite a bit but nothing there seems to help.

I am really desperate now! ;o)

Smudger

Dave Peterson

Ah. I just typed that into the cell in a worksheet (just plain old data
entry--not a hyperlink).

It didn't work there. (But it did work when I put it in the Insert|Hyperlink
dialog. But it kept that leading space in the address in the email <vbg.)

Dave Peterson wrote:
Small typo.

No space between the colon and name.

Dick Kusleika wrote: