Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Apply Same Header to ALL WORKSHEETS in EXCEL

IN EXCEL- Do I have to manually go and insert a Header and Footer on every
worksheet or is there any feature that allows me to "apply to all" the Header
& Footer on each sheet like power point does.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the first worksheet tab and while holding down the shift key, click
on the last worksheet tab to select all the worksheets. Click FILE in the
menu and select PAGE SETUP. Click the HEADER/FOOTER tab and assign your
header footer text. The text you enter for the header/footer will be
assigned to all selected worksheets.

If you want to assign multiple non-contiguous worksheets the same
header/footer select each worksheet tab while holding down the CTRL key.
--
Kevin Backmann

"APPLY SAME HEADER TO ALL WORKSHEETS wkbk" wrote:

IN EXCEL- Do I have to manually go and insert a Header and Footer on every
worksheet or is there any feature that allows me to "apply to all" the Header
& Footer on each sheet like power point does.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just make sure your right-click on one of the sheet tabs and select
Ungroup Sheets after you have set the Headers & Footers up - otherwise,
whatever you enter into a cell in one of the sheets will be repeated in
all the other grouped sheets.

Hope this helps,

Pete

Kevin B wrote:
Click on the first worksheet tab and while holding down the shift key, click
on the last worksheet tab to select all the worksheets. Click FILE in the
menu and select PAGE SETUP. Click the HEADER/FOOTER tab and assign your
header footer text. The text you enter for the header/footer will be
assigned to all selected worksheets.

If you want to assign multiple non-contiguous worksheets the same
header/footer select each worksheet tab while holding down the CTRL key.
--
Kevin Backmann

"APPLY SAME HEADER TO ALL WORKSHEETS wkbk" wrote:

IN EXCEL- Do I have to manually go and insert a Header and Footer on every
worksheet or is there any feature that allows me to "apply to all" the Header
& Footer on each sheet like power point does.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a sheet.

Right-click on the sheet tab and "select all sheets"

Create your header on the active sheet and will be done to all sheets.

NOTES: to select non-contiguous sheets use CTRL + Click.

To select a block of contiguous sheets use SHIFT + Click.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP