Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Weird problem with Excel 2000...Worksheets disappearing in a shared Excel file

Hello All,

This is my first time posting in any Usernet group. We have an issue
at work where multiple worksheets would disappear in a shared Excel
file randomly. We are running Excel 2000 with about 10 users accessing

and update these four shared spreadsheets. Every few days or so, I
would get users complaining that two worksheets have disappeared. I
checked to make sure that they are not hidden and also they are unable
to delete the worksheets since we password-protected it. People would
have to unprotect the worksheet, then unshare it before they can
actually delete the worksheet.

Do you know if this is a bug in Excel 2000 or if there a fix for this?
We are running Office Service Pack 3. I searched all over Google and
others have experienced this problem, but have never found a resolution

to this.

Thanks for all yoru help.
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually this is not the first time you have posted.

You posted the same question on Oct 7th twice.

Several people had a few suggestions, but I guess none to your liking.

You may get the same responses which were inconclusive.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 10 Oct 2006 11:04:16 -0700, "BrianL_SF" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,

I'm not too familiar with how the Google groups work so I posted my
message to three different subgroups within the main Excel group.
Wasn't too sure if people in other sub groups could see my posting if I
just posted to one sub group.

Regards,
Brian