Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dont show formula in formula bar

I do not want to show my formula in formula bar.

can anybody help????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:
Tools
Select the View tab and uncheck Formula bar.
FloMM2
"Excel_Learner" wrote:

I do not want to show my formula in formula bar.

can anybody help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you still want the formula bar displayed and just your formulas hidden
you can FORMAT, CELLS, PROTECTION, HIDDEN.

You will need to protect worksheet (TOOLS,PROTECT, PROTECT SHEET)

Steve

"Excel_Learner" wrote in message
I do not want to show my formula in formula bar.

can anybody help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your quick reply Steve.....my question is that I dont want to show
my formula in formula bar that is there in cells...
for example if
a1 b1 c1
in c1 i have a formula =sum(A1:b1) and the value is there. but when i come
to cell c1 formula appears in formula bar...i dont want to show that in
formula bar...

hope u know now what i need...please help

Hitesh

"Steve Jones" wrote:

If you still want the formula bar displayed and just your formulas hidden
you can FORMAT, CELLS, PROTECTION, HIDDEN.

You will need to protect worksheet (TOOLS,PROTECT, PROTECT SHEET)

Steve

"Excel_Learner" wrote in message
I do not want to show my formula in formula bar.

can anybody help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Re-read Steve's instructions for hiding the formula in the formula bar using
sheet protection.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP