Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Lloyd

Default Formula to show zero if reference cell is zero? tricky!

Hi all, I have a formula that looks at the cell value on one sheet and
adds it to the previous value on the original sheet, my problem is
this....where this formula appears it shows the last summed value so in
this case from S6 down to Sxxx it will show the value £813 because this
is the last value it added, in the formula below i would like it to
state that if 'Account Entry'!S6 is zero then dont calculate S6+S5 just
show zero! is this possible in a formula? =IF('Account
Entry'!S6="","0",'Account Entry'!S6+S5)

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tim M

In your sample formula it looks like you are checking to see if S6 is a blank
cell, if so enter a 0. you could try =IF('Account Entry'!S6=0,"0",'Account
Entry'!S6+S5)

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

Hi all, I have a formula that looks at the cell value on one sheet and
adds it to the previous value on the original sheet, my problem is
this....where this formula appears it shows the last summed value so in
this case from S6 down to Sxxx it will show the value £813 because this
is the last value it added, in the formula below i would like it to
state that if 'Account Entry'!S6 is zero then dont calculate S6+S5 just
show zero! is this possible in a formula? =IF('Account
Entry'!S6="","0",'Account Entry'!S6+S5)

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551646

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Just use

=IF(S6=0,0,S5+S6)

that will take care of empty cells as well

Peo Sjoblom

"Simon Lloyd"
wrote in message

Hi all, I have a formula that looks at the cell value on one sheet and
adds it to the previous value on the original sheet, my problem is
this....where this formula appears it shows the last summed value so in
this case from S6 down to Sxxx it will show the value £813 because this
is the last value it added, in the formula below i would like it to
state that if 'Account Entry'!S6 is zero then dont calculate S6+S5 just
show zero! is this possible in a formula? =IF('Account
Entry'!S6="","0",'Account Entry'!S6+S5)

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551646

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Lloyd

Thanks for the reply guys!, the cells that the formula looks at on
another sheet do not always have a zero in them, my problem is that if
i copy my formula down in a column and say the first 3 figures are
1,2,3 then S4 will look at S4 on the Account Entry sheet and then add
S3 off the sheet that is doing the calculation, if i have copied the
formula down then assuming S4 on the Account Entry sheet is 0 every
cell i copied down to will display 6 i would like them to display 0
until there is a value in S4 on the Account Entry sheet!

Hope its possible!

Simon