Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irv

Default Advanced formula - Return result & Show Cell Reference of result

Hi, I'm trying to build a formula that would take the content of a cell and
compare it to the value (yes or no), of a range of cells, then show the cell
reference (column/row#) if the cell reference does not meet the given
criteria. Ex....
if... Column A, Rows 3-15 contains the letter "B"
then... Columns "D and/or F" (rows 3-15) should contain "yes", However
if... any of the rows contains "no" in both columns (D & F), then show which
row..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Try conditional formatting.

Select B3:F15
Goto CF, FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a Formula =OR($D3="no",$F3="no")
Click format
Select Pattern
Choose a colour
OK

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Irv" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to build a formula that would take the content of a cell

and
compare it to the value (yes or no), of a range of cells, then show the

cell
reference (column/row#) if the cell reference does not meet the given
criteria. Ex....
if... Column A, Rows 3-15 contains the letter "B"
then... Columns "D and/or F" (rows 3-15) should contain "yes", However
if... any of the rows contains "no" in both columns (D & F), then show

which
row..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irv

Default Advanced formula - Return result & Show Cell Reference of resu

Thanks Bob, however can you please provide a bit more details.. (ex. What is
and where do I find, CF?)

"Irv" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to build a formula that would take the content of a cell

and
compare it to the value (yes or no), of a range of cells, then show the

cell
reference (column/row#) if the cell reference does not meet the given
criteria. Ex....
if... Column A, Rows 3-15 contains the letter "B"
then... Columns "D and/or F" (rows 3-15) should contain "yes", However
if... any of the rows contains "no" in both columns (D & F), then show

which
row..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

CF is conditional formatting. Follow the steps I gave, it is complete.
FormatConditional Formatting means take the Format menu, then take
Conditional Formatting off that menu.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Irv" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to build a formula that would take the content of a

cell
and
compare it to the value (yes or no), of a range of cells, then show

the
cell
reference (column/row#) if the cell reference does not meet the given
criteria. Ex....
if... Column A, Rows 3-15 contains the letter "B"
then... Columns "D and/or F" (rows 3-15) should contain "yes", However
if... any of the rows contains "no" in both columns (D & F), then show

which
row..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irv

Yes, I got that part worked out, thanks... but I still need a formula to
compare the value of columns D&F with a value in column A, of the same row.

For Example:
If (column)A="B" and (column)D="no", (column)F="no", then change the color
of the cell in column A to yellow.

"Irv" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to build a formula that would take the content of a

cell
and
compare it to the value (yes or no), of a range of cells, then show

the
cell
reference (column/row#) if the cell reference does not meet the given
criteria. Ex....
if... Column A, Rows 3-15 contains the letter "B"
then... Columns "D and/or F" (rows 3-15) should contain "yes", However
if... any of the rows contains "no" in both columns (D & F), then show
which
row..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irv

Thanx Bob, you really know your stuff... I am now able to combine your other
suggestions with this formula to accomplish what I want to.. In fact I even
got more. Truely greatful

Irv

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=AND($A3="B",OR($D3="no",$F3="no"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Irv" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to build a formula that would take the content of a
cell
and
compare it to the value (yes or no), of a range of cells, then

show
the
cell
reference (column/row#) if the cell reference does not meet the

given
criteria. Ex....
if... Column A, Rows 3-15 contains the letter "B"
then... Columns "D and/or F" (rows 3-15) should contain "yes",

However
if... any of the rows contains "no" in both columns (D & F), then

show
which
row..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irv

Woooweee! Bob, I finally figured it out. Your assistance certainly pointed
me in the right direction. This is what I ended up with and it worked.

I highlighted the rows, by clicking the row numbers of all the rows I wanted
to query. Then selected Format / Conditional Format
condition 1: =IF(--($F18="B")--($F18="D"),AND($M18="no",$O18="no"))
[format: color=yellow]
condition 2: =IF($F18="c",AND($L18="no",$N18="no")) [Format color=purple]
condition 3: =IF($F18="O",AND($L18="no",$N18="no")) [Format color=green]

I would still appreciate any comments and/or suggestions.. Also, is there a
way to use the same formula without first going into "conditional
formatting"? and still be able to show the results with the different colors
schemes?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=AND($A3="B",OR($D3="no",$F3="no"))

--