Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Advanced formula - Return result & Show Cell Reference of resu

=AND($A3="B",OR($D3="no",$F3="no"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Irv" wrote in message
Yes, I got that part worked out, thanks... but I still need a formula to
compare the value of columns D&F with a value in column A, of the same

row.

For Example:
If (column)A="B" and (column)D="no", (column)F="no", then change the color
of the cell in column A to yellow.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

CF is conditional formatting. Follow the steps I gave, it is complete.
FormatConditional Formatting means take the Format menu, then take
Conditional Formatting off that menu.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Irv" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, however can you please provide a bit more details.. (ex.

What
is
and where do I find, CF?)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try conditional formatting.

Select B3:F15
Goto CF, FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a Formula =OR($D3="no",$F3="no")
Click format
Select Pattern
Choose a colour
OK

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Irv" wrote in message
Hi, I'm trying to build a formula that would take the content of a

cell
and
compare it to the value (yes or no), of a range of cells, then

show
the
cell
reference (column/row#) if the cell reference does not meet the

given
criteria. Ex....
if... Column A, Rows 3-15 contains the letter "B"
then... Columns "D and/or F" (rows 3-15) should contain "yes",

However
if... any of the rows contains "no" in both columns (D & F), then

show
which
row..