Junior Member

Default Document Properties - Last Saved, Author

I tried adding the following function (from another post), in order to automate documenting the last date changed/saved and the author:

'-----------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as
=DocProps ("last author")
or
=DocProps ("last save time")
'-________________________________________________

I entered =DocProps("last author") in a cell, but get a "name" error.

Have I placed the Function in the wrong area? Add in problems?

Help appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't know where you placed the function code but it would go into the workbook
in a General Module.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the above code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Enter the formula as you have below.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:46:59 +0100, Michael Excel Dude
wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP