Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to open an excel document saved in a temporay file

I opened an excel document sent as email attachment. I did not save it to
disk. I worked on the document while open as an attachment and saved it.
When I went back to the e-mail and opened the atttachment my changes were not
there. I have found several excel document in a temporary file but cannot
open them. The text import wizard says its delimited and it looks like it is
encrypted. Were is my saved Excel attachment and how do I open it. I'm
new to Exel and I promise I will always save to disk in the future.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what email client were you using to open it?

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"MDubbelboer" wrote:

what email client were you using to open it?

Quest DSL with MSN Premium
--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563337

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Troubled Ann Wrote:

Quest DSL with MSN Premium

hotmail/msn is blocked at work so I can't check it.

it probably uses your default temporary directory. To find out what
your default temp directory is go start-run-cmd <enter
then in the window that pops up type "echo %temp%" <enter
have a look in the directory it gives you

the windows search didn't work for you?