Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Document Properties - Last Saved, Author

Don't know where you placed the function code but it would go into the workbook
in a General Module.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the above code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Enter the formula as you have below.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:46:59 +0100, Michael Excel Dude
wrote:

I tried adding the following function (from another post), in order to
automate documenting the last date changed/saved and the author:

'-----------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as
=DocProps ("last author")
or
=DocProps ("last save time")

I entered =DocProps("last author") in a cell, but get a "name" error.

Have I placed the Function in the wrong area? Add in problems?

Help appreciated.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP