Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Chart series (based on datarange content)

I am trying to create a chart, which will show how execution times of
certain methods changed over time. Here is my data, the first column
lists method names and the second execution times in milliseconds:

find(), 100
create(), 200
find(), 75
find(), 125
create(), 250

I would like to create a chart, which has a separate series for each
distinct method name and will show how method execution time chaged
over time. So, in the case above, I would have two series: one - for
find() method, another - for create() method. Each series will plot
execution time for the pertinent method on the Y-axis and use
sequential number for X-axis. So, for the example above, the first
series will plot (1, 100), (2, 75), (3, 125) and the second series will
plot (1, 200), (2, 250). I am not concerned about X-values as long as
they are sequential.

One caveat though, I would like to be able to run this chart against
different data ranges, which can contain different sets of methods
being executed. So, I don't want to MANUALLY create a separate series
for each method, but instead would like the chart to figure out how
many different method names are there and create a separate series for
it.

Thanks.

Alec

--