holg3r

Default How to hide a dummy series in a chart legend?

I have a chart that shows five data series. To highlight the first one
(which has a special status), I inserted an invisible dummy series
between this first and the second series. This works well -- however,
as a side-effect, the dummy series also shows up in the legend, in the
form of white space between the legend entry for the first and second
series. Is there a way to prevent the dummy series from appearing in
the legend -- while still retaining it in the actual chart?

I scanned Jon's pages on dummy series and failed to find any remark on
this issue... Any ideas?

Thanx,
Holger

--
holg3r
holg3r's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23836

Barb Reinhardt

You need to select just the legend for the series that you want to go away.
Right click and select CLEAR.

"holg3r" wrote in
message ...

I have a chart that shows five data series. To highlight the first one
(which has a special status), I inserted an invisible dummy series
between this first and the second series. This works well -- however,
as a side-effect, the dummy series also shows up in the legend, in the
form of white space between the legend entry for the first and second
series. Is there a way to prevent the dummy series from appearing in
the legend -- while still retaining it in the actual chart?

I scanned Jon's pages on dummy series and failed to find any remark on
this issue... Any ideas?

Thanx,
Holger

--
holg3r
holg3r's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=385821

holg3r

Cool!
I didn't even know you *could* select legend entries for individual
series. (Even though I had tried before.) But it works well -- the
legend key for the dummy series (or rather the empty space reserved for
it) disappears entirely while the dummy series itself stays in the
chart. Just as I wanted.
Thanx!