Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ian

Default How do I pass series data x-value range to a chart from a cell?

I have a series on a line chart (x-values "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10"). I also have
two worksheet cells (B1 & B2) that contain the start and end date for the
x-axis of the chart. I want to be able to link the chart series data to the
start and end date values so that the chart automatically adjusts when I
change the dates in the worksheet cells. I can create a string or address for
the x-values but how do I do not know how to pass this to the chart series??

I know I can do this using a macro, but I want to do it without macros so
that friends who use MicrosoftCharts (the cheap, no macro version of Excel)
can still use the charts.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

See
Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html
particularly, example 3.

Since I don't know anything about MicrosoftCharts I cannot say if named
formulas will work there.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach