Big Red

Default Pivot Tables

I have an existing pivot table and charts. I have added a new column of data
to the pivot table data tab. However, this column is not pulling into the
pivot table when I Refresh Data. Is there a way to incorporate the
additional column of data into the pivot table without completly starting
over with the creation of a new pivot table?
Nick Hodge

Big Red

Click in the pivot table and on the pivot table toolbar invoke the wizard,
press back instead of next and reset the range. You may wish to define a
range name (EditDefine...Name), you can then use and change this and the
range used for the pivot will reset automatically.

If you insert rows, columns the data range should expand automatically.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Big Red" wrote in message
I have an existing pivot table and charts. I have added a new column of
data
to the pivot table data tab. However, this column is not pulling into the
pivot table when I Refresh Data. Is there a way to incorporate the
additional column of data into the pivot table without completly starting
over with the creation of a new pivot table?

Peo Sjoblom

Right click in the pivot table and select wizard, click back button and
change the range to include the new column, click next then add the new
header where you want it to be in the layout, then click finish

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Big Red" wrote:

I have an existing pivot table and charts. I have added a new column of data
to the pivot table data tab. However, this column is not pulling into the
pivot table when I Refresh Data. Is there a way to incorporate the
additional column of data into the pivot table without completly starting
over with the creation of a new pivot table?

Debra Dalgleish

If the pivot table source data will change size frequently, you can use
a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will automatically
expand as rows or columns are added. There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

Big Red wrote:
I have an existing pivot table and charts. I have added a new column of data
to the pivot table data tab. However, this column is not pulling into the
pivot table when I Refresh Data. Is there a way to incorporate the
additional column of data into the pivot table without completly starting
over with the creation of a new pivot table?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html