Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
LeAnne

Default XL97: Position text boxes (or data labels) w/out VBA

Greetings, all -

I have a set of 3 charts, each a box-and-whisker plot with 2 added
horizontal lines (actually "areas") which bisect the plot area into 3
sections. I would like to label the top section of each chart as "Good,"
the middle section as "Fair," and the bottom portion as "Poor." I'm
using text boxes instead of data labels since the bottom portion doesn't
really have a named data source, it's just the plot area. I'm finding
this difficult to explain...I'd like to position these text boxes so
that they are in the same relative position in each chart. Obviously I
can select all 3 text boxes in each chart, then align right, align
vertically and so on...but I need a way to position each group of text
boxes so that they appear in the same position on each chart, so that
when all 3 charts are shown together on 1 page or slide the labels "match."

Using XL97 (yeah, yeah, I'm a Neanderthal, I know...), Win XP. My VBA
skills are hopeless, so a non-code fix, if possible, is very much preferred.

I hope I've been sufficiently clear. Any help or advice would be much
appreciated.

tia,

LeAnne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
LeAnne

Never mind, problem solved...in a way I would never, ever have imagined
on my own.

Did you know that you can Copy a "donor" chart, then Paste Special the
format of the donor chart to the recipient chart?? I sure didn't. JICYI

Select the chart area of the donor chart, right-click, Copy.
Select the chart area of the recipient chart, Edit, Paste Special,
"Formats."

I just arranged all of the chart objects, including the text boxes, in
the donor chart the way I wanted, then pasted the format ONLY to the
remaining charts. No more clicking, dragging, and eyeballing objects or
groups of objects!

I found this nifty shortcut at (watch the linewrap):

http://itstutorials.niu.edu/download...ck%20quide.pdf

What did we ever do before them thar internets?!?

LeAnne