MMesarch

Default Dynamic Chart Titles - formating

Hi,
Originally I had the chart titles of a template workbook as text. This
could be formated, such as CO2 for carbon dioxide could be displayed with the
2 as a subscript.

I have figured out how to make a chart title related to a cell in worksheet
thus allowing part of the title to include information ( like the data's
date) to be dynamically added to the title.

But I cannot figure out how to format the text in that cell to include
things like subscripts.

Can this be done?
Thanks.

However
--
Mark Mesarch
School of Natural Resources
Jon Peltier

You can format a cell or a chart title (or axis title, text box, or data
label) to have subscripts and other per-character formatting. You can
also link a title to a cell. But once you link the text, you lose the
per-character formatting.

I got around this one time by writing a VBA procedure which first copied
the text from the cell to the title, then character by character copied
the formatting from the cell to the title.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

MMesarch wrote:

Hi,
Originally I had the chart titles of a template workbook as text. This
could be formated, such as CO2 for carbon dioxide could be displayed with the
2 as a subscript.

I have figured out how to make a chart title related to a cell in worksheet
thus allowing part of the title to include information ( like the data's
date) to be dynamically added to the title.

But I cannot figure out how to format the text in that cell to include
things like subscripts.

Can this be done?
Thanks.

However

MMesarch

John and Tushar,
Thanks. That is disappointing about the inability to do this. Tushar, your
document was helpful. In general anontation that will work great. Titles
will be a little more tricky.