maxtre

Default Road map with Chart Conditional Formating

Hi!

I've tried to work through the several charts formatting techniques but
still haven’t found the answer to what seems to be a simple concept.

I work at a motorway concessionaire. Our traffic comparisons are made
in relation to a reference traffic scenario, being divided in sub
stretches with different length.

1 THE SIMPLE WAY (NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR ANYONE I HOPE)
The length should be in the x axis of this chart. Only one bar would be
necessary, being that a sum of the several bars (stacked bar chart?)
with it’s length proportional to the sub stretches length.

Each bar should have a different colour, according to the deviation
from the reference traffic scenario. I attached a chart in an xl file
with the final, required result… I only don’t know how I get there
automatically!

2 THE NOT SO SIMPLE WAY (NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR ANYONE SPECIAL I HOPE)
I would “draw” a map of the motorway in an excel chart, for which I
would have to produce x and y values so it would get close to reality.
This chart would be a simple line chart, but each part of the line
would be a sub stretch and it’s colour should change with the deviation
towards the reference values… Any help?

Don’t find me conservative towards vb, but I would really like to stick
to an excel “traditional” answer…

So thanks for any help at all.

Pedro

--
maxtre
maxtre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25907

Ed Ferrero

Hi Pedro,

Let's do it the hard way! :^)

Look at 'Vary Colour and Weight' in
http://edferrero.m6.net/charting.aspx

This follows your method 2. Line segments are coloured according to values
in the worksheet. Also, the chart series lines are replaced by line objects
so that we can make them thicker than Excel would normally allow.

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/

[...]

maxtre

So thanks, Ed! The hard way is perfect!