Al-4300

Default axis fields

When using a line or scatter chart, how can I change the field displayed on
the x-axis to the y-axis and vice-verse? For example, let's say I want to
plot (a) the price of hamburgers, vs. (b) the quantity of hamburgers
purchased. If the chart wizard formats the chart so that the price is on the
x-axis, how do I get the price to change to the y-axis? This is an
unbelievably basic question which I cannot find addressed clearly in any MS
help. It cannot possibly be this hard, can it???
Jon Peltier

To get the most out of your charts, you need to plan them before they're
already made. This means arranging the data so that the X values are in
a column to the left of the Y values. This arrangement will allow the
wizard to use the first series as X and the others as Y. If the data is
misaligned, or your chart is already made, you can use the Source Data
dialog to change it; this is found in step 2 of the wizard, or on the
Chart menu. Click on the Series tab, select a series, and switch what's
in the Y values input box with what's in the X values box.

If it's an XY chart, I have a little utility that lets you switch some
things around:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip

- Jon
-------