Jon Peltier

To get the most out of your charts, you need to plan them before they're
already made. This means arranging the data so that the X values are in
a column to the left of the Y values. This arrangement will allow the
wizard to use the first series as X and the others as Y. If the data is
misaligned, or your chart is already made, you can use the Source Data
dialog to change it; this is found in step 2 of the wizard, or on the
Chart menu. Click on the Series tab, select a series, and switch what's
in the Y values input box with what's in the X values box.

If it's an XY chart, I have a little utility that lets you switch some
things around:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Al-4300 wrote:

When using a line or scatter chart, how can I change the field displayed on
the x-axis to the y-axis and vice-verse? For example, let's say I want to
plot (a) the price of hamburgers, vs. (b) the quantity of hamburgers
purchased. If the chart wizard formats the chart so that the price is on the
x-axis, how do I get the price to change to the y-axis? This is an
unbelievably basic question which I cannot find addressed clearly in any MS
help. It cannot possibly be this hard, can it???