Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Graph Line Width ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Have a chart with a line graph.
Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
thing.

Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
"thinner".

After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.

How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Apr 7, 3:01*pm, Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Have a chart with a line graph.
Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
thing.

Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
"thinner".

After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.

How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?

Thanks,
Bob

Please take a look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

- item 113.

With reference to the above chart to make the line narrower take the
following actions:-

1. Click the line to highlight it.

2. Right click then:-

Format Data Series . . .

The Format Data Series window should open.

3. In the Format Data Series window click on:-

Line Style

- being the 5th item down on the left hand side.

4. Now, on the right hand side, increasing / decreasing the:-

Width:

- setting at the top will change how broad the line is.

Does this give you what you want?