Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change cell width from line to line?

I want to create a few columns with cell widths that are larger than the
standard width I am using, then go back to the standard width. I have seen
that people do it all the time, but I'm a relative novice at Excel.

Also, my Excel program is in German but my German fluency is at an
intermediate level, thus it is a bit more challenging for me to simply
experiment, so if there are any people with the German version of Excel that
would be hlpful, but not necessary. I can translate from instructions from
the English version.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The cell widths are fixed for the whole column. The only way to
achieve what you describe is to use two (or more) cells in adjacent
columns and to merge these together - however, this can cause problems
with other things that you might like to do, so it is not advised.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 9, 10:52*am, Aachensam
wrote:
I want to create a few columns with cell widths that are larger than the
standard width I am using, then go back to the standard width. I have seen
that people do it all the time, but I'm a relative novice at Excel.

Also, my Excel program is in German but my German fluency is at an
intermediate level, thus it is a bit more challenging for me to simply
experiment, so if there are any people with the German version of Excel that
would be hlpful, but not necessary. I can translate from instructions from
the English version.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Usually all the cell in a column have the same width. You can get around
this limitation by merging adjacent cells in certain rows.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200825

"Aachensam" wrote:

I want to create a few columns with cell widths that are larger than the
standard width I am using, then go back to the standard width. I have seen
that people do it all the time, but I'm a relative novice at Excel.

Also, my Excel program is in German but my German fluency is at an
intermediate level, thus it is a bit more challenging for me to simply
experiment, so if there are any people with the German version of Excel that
would be hlpful, but not necessary. I can translate from instructions from
the English version.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Aachensam

If all you are trying to do is increase the size of an entire column, goto
the top of the column and place your curser between any two of the column
letters. When you are in the right place your curser will change to a doubly
direction arrow, click and drag it to the desired width. Or you can, with
the column selected or at least a cell within that column, goto
FormateCloumnWidth and enter a width there and it will change. Or, again
with the column or at least a cell with in the desired column, change the
font size and it will change the size of the column to accomodate that font.
There are other ways but this should get you started.

Mike Rogers