Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Custom Line Width in Line or Scatter Chart

Is there any way to create lines of a custom width in a line or scatter
chart? I occasionally have a need for a very thick line, thicher than the
maximum that the dialog allows?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Marvin -

You can fake it. I have published a few macros that draw lines and other
shapes which trace lines on a chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Marvin" wrote in message
Is there any way to create lines of a custom width in a line or scatter
chart? I occasionally have a need for a very thick line, thicher than the
maximum that the dialog allows?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

An alternative to Jon's suggestion might be to draw two series sufficiently
close to each other so that when their respective lines are set to the max.
width they look like a single line twice as thick.
--

Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com