Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I graph data daily as a line graph across a calendar format

--
glani
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You mean with dates along the X axis? Make sure the dates are really dates,
and not just text labels that look like dates. Make a line chart. Go to
Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and check the Time Scale option under
Category (X) Axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Glani" wrote in message

glani

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I graph data daily as a line graph across a calendar fo

Thank you. I can make a line graph but I need to graph each day across a
calendar type format. Like if you opened up Outlook and chose to view the
calendar by month then you would see a months worth of data graphed across
each day. That's what I'm trying to achieve but using just Excel. I'm not
even sure it can be done in Excel.
--
glani

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You mean with dates along the X axis? Make sure the dates are really dates,
and not just text labels that look like dates. Make a line chart. Go to
Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and check the Time Scale option under
Category (X) Axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Glani" wrote in message

glani

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

It's possible but not a built-in option.
You need to build a variation of a Panel chart
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Comment...DayOfYear.html

Basically each days data needs to be plotted as a line. The values used need
to be altered in order for the line to appear in specific cell of the panel
that reflects the date of the data set.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You mean with dates along the X axis? Make sure the dates are really
dates,
and not just text labels that look like dates. Make a line chart. Go to
Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and check the Time Scale option
under
Category (X) Axis.

- Jon
-------