Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
GLM GLM is offline

Default Format Data Labels Doesn't Save

Happy New Year!!!

I have a line chart with one line which represents the average of the values
for other column the the original spreadsheet. I selected one of the data
points on the average line and checked the box to "Add Data Label". The data
label displays the value properly. Then I added a fill color, border color
and 3-D format. This displays properly however when I save it, close Excel
and then reopen the chart, the formatting for the data label is gone. The
value displays properly but with no formatting.

Have any of you seen this issue? Is there a way around this?

--
GLM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
GLM GLM is offline

Never mind!!!! I have had this problem for a couple of months and after
entering the question, on a whim I attempted to reproduce it. Of course,
this time it worked. I'm not sure why though.

--
GLM

"GLM" wrote:

Happy New Year!!!

I have a line chart with one line which represents the average of the values
for another column in the the original spreadsheet. I selected one of the data