Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Format data labels for the whole chart?

Hi

I'm using Excel 2002.

I have a created Horizontal Bar Chart with data labels displayed.

I want to center the data label text within the center of each bar and
adjust the font size.

So far I have only been able to do this on each individual bar - when there
are a lot of bars this is tedious!

Is there a way I can set the format of the data labels for the whole chart
in one go?

Thanks for your time.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can format the data labels for one series in a single step. After
creating the data labels, double-click any of the labels. Use the Font tab
to adjust the font and the Alignment tab to adjust the position (for your
specific case, set the 'Label Position' to 'Center').

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hi

I'm using Excel 2002.

I have a created Horizontal Bar Chart with data labels displayed.

I want to center the data label text within the center of each bar and
adjust the font size.

So far I have only been able to do this on each individual bar - when there
are a lot of bars this is tedious!

Is there a way I can set the format of the data labels for the whole chart
in one go?

Thanks for your time.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Thanks for replying.

When I click and alter the formatting of a data label it only changes for
that one individually.

I have a whole series for the data source so i dont understand why it doesnt
do the whole lot.

Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks for you time.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Perhaps you are selecting just the single label, which is done with two
clicks, one to select the series of labels, the next to select a single
label.

Or perhaps your chart has a number of series with one point each.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions