Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Format Data Labels Doesn't Save

It sounds as if you re-opened the file in a location different from where
you saved it.
--
David Biddulph

GLM wrote:
Happy New Year!!!

I have a line chart with one line which represents the average of the
values for other column the the original spreadsheet. I selected one
of the data points on the average line and checked the box to "Add
Data Label". The data label displays the value properly. Then I
added a fill color, border color and 3-D format. This displays
properly however when I save it, close Excel and then reopen the
chart, the formatting for the data label is gone. The value displays
properly but with no formatting.

Have any of you seen this issue? Is there a way around this?