Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 97 Graphs/Charts What's happened to the colours?

I had just got to grips with the charting options in Exdcel 97 when the other
day, all my nice charts had changed colour, THey are now all wishy washy
colours and I can't find out how to change the default colour settings to
give me more colourful options. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Maybe you changed the palette in the workbook. Look at Tools, Options,
Color. The Reset button will restore the default palette. Before changing
anything you might want to save the customized palette in another which you
can do from the same dialog.

Chart colours in Series are automatically applied from bottom two rows in
the colour palette.

Regards,
Peter T

..
"redford01" wrote in message
I had just got to grips with the charting options in Exdcel 97 when the
other
day, all my nice charts had changed colour, THey are now all wishy washy
colours and I can't find out how to change the default colour settings to
give me more colourful options. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Peter

I may have done, but I am using excel 97 and it does not have a Tools,
Options, Color option that I can find?

"redford01" wrote in message
I had just got to grips with the charting options in Exdcel 97 when the
other
day, all my nice charts had changed colour, THey are now all wishy washy
colours and I can't find out how to change the default colour settings to
give me more colourful options. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In Excel 97, on the main menu look for the Tools, in the drop down menu you
should see Options, if you've got that click the Color tab.

If you can't see Tools, do customize toolbars (right click anywhere on the
toolbar other than on a menu item or icon).
Ensure 'Worksheet menu bar' is ticked

If you can't see Options in the Tools menu, do customize toolbars again and
Reset the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'

If you can't see the Color tab in the Options dialog its the one after the
Chart tab.

Regards,
Peter T