Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default What happened to logarithmic charts?

I can't seem to find the feature and I really need it.

To be honest, I think the new version does a poor job with charts.
Maybe someone can help me understand so it's not just me hating the unknown.

Thanks,

Noemi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

XL 2007 has made log charts more logical - they are regular chart with a log
scale and not a separate type of chart.
Make your XY, Line , Bar, or Column chart in the normal way; then open
dialog to format the axis and check the Logarithmic Scale box. Note also we
now can have logs to bases others than 10; I like base 2 for many purposes

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"NoemiMaysonet" wrote in message
I can't seem to find the feature and I really need it.

To be honest, I think the new version does a poor job with charts.
Maybe someone can help me understand so it's not just me hating the
unknown.

Thanks,

Noemi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

There are many nice features in 2007, and there are a myrid of new
formatting options, this has lead to a rather complex interface for handling
charting. I certainly epathize with you, but 2007 was a massive upgrade and
we can expect many modifications in future versions; its a work in progress.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire