Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Logarithmic charts on different axis

Is it possible for Excel to create a hybrid logarithmic chart where the
X-axis is the log scale and the Y axis is the linear scale?

In trying to accomplish this, I notice the Y-axis format dialog box has a
logarithmic checkbox option, but I do not see an equivalent option checkbox
for the X-axis.

I eventually want the X-axis to show a market volume reference starting from
small numbers and growing as it gets further from the origin, and the Y axis
to be a market price, stating at a high value near the origin and declining
as one moves up the Y-axis.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Allenx said:

Is it possible for Excel to create a hybrid logarithmic chart where the
X-axis is the log scale and the Y axis is the linear scale?

In trying to accomplish this, I notice the Y-axis format dialog box has a
logarithmic checkbox option, but I do not see an equivalent option checkbox
for the X-axis.

You must choose an XY (Scatter) Chart type instead of a Line Chart type.
"Line" charts have a category X-axis, which can be neither linear nor
logarithmic. It's just a list of categories. Scatter charts have a
"Value" or interval X-axis, which you can then choose to make linear or
logarithmic.

--
Del Cotter