Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
katet

Default can you set custom colours to be used in excel charts

I would like to produce charts/graphs in excel using our custom corporate
colours for which a have the various values. Is this possible to set up?
And if so how?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Color tab, then select the
various colors in the palette and edit them as appropriate. The bottom two
rows correspond to chart fills and chart lines, which Excel uses from left
to right.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"katet" wrote in message
I would like to produce charts/graphs in excel using our custom corporate
colours for which a have the various values. Is this possible to set up?
And if so how?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Fill between lines on a graph in excel 2007

Hi Jon,

This reply isn't necessarily related to the first question asked, but I have
a question to ask you specifically. In trying to find out how to add fill
between two lines multiple times in a graph. I was looking through your
website, and I did in fact find a tutorial you did, however the version you
were using was I believe 2003, and I can't seem to follow the directions due
to this, the graph interface is a lot different. can you help me with the
2007 version. Let me describe a little different what I am trying to do:
I have ten series of numbers, but series 1 and 2 need a color fill between
them while 3 and 4 need a different fill, etc. for a total of 5 fills
between five couples of lines. Is this even possible? Please help, I'm
working on my thesis for my grad degree and need to figure this out.

Thanks a lot Jon,
Corey
----------------------------------

"katet" wrote in message
I would like to produce charts/graphs in excel using our custom corporate
colours for which a have the various values. Is this possible to set up?
And if so how?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I have to update that tutorial.

Until now I thought it was nigh impossible to get that kind of chart in
Excel 2007. But I spent time working on it last night, and have realized
something:

Excel 2007 charts are sensitive to the order in which you add and format
series and apply them to primary and secondary axes. If you try to create a
combination XY-Area chart by starting with XY series, then adding more
series and converting them to area series, you may or may not get what you
expect. If there is one XY and one area series, my technique works (to some
extent). With a handful of each, doing it in this order will fail miserably.

However, if you create the chart with the area series first, then add the
other series and convert to XY, you greatly increase your chances for
success.

I hope this is enough guidance for now. In the next week or so, I'll revisit
this technique, and post updates in my blog.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"katet" wrote in message
I would like to produce charts/graphs in excel using our custom
corporate
colours for which a have the various values. Is this possible to set
up?
And if so how?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Jon
Is it possible to save the new colours as your default? I have to change
them every time I use Excel! I am using Office 2003 (hopefully, our
organisation will upgrade shortly).
Cheers
Marg

"katet" wrote in message
I would like to produce charts/graphs in excel using our custom corporate
colours for which a have the various values. Is this possible to set up?
And if so how?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Jon

Is there any way to re-set the default colours for graphs so that I don't
have to change them every time? I am using Excel 2003 (waiting for my
organisation to upgrade).

Thanks

Marg