Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Default values

Hello!
I'm (still) making my dynamic charts from access to excel. Everything's
working just fine, except the fact that all properties (like gridelines,
legend position, axis names...) are set to default values, and I want to
modify them. Does anyone know how and why are they set to default properties?
Thanks, you've been most helpfull so far!
Ana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Basically the steps a select a chart that with the formatting required;
right-click the chart and choose Chart Type; check the "Default" box in the
dialog. From then on all new charts 'inherit' the formatting of the chosen
chart

This has screen shots for Excel 2003

This has screen captures for doing it in Excel 2007
http://www.nirmaltv.com/2008/11/25/h...in-excel-2007/

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ana via OfficeKB.com" <u51486@uwe wrote in message
Hello!
I'm (still) making my dynamic charts from access to excel. Everything's
working just fine, except the fact that all properties (like gridelines,
legend position, axis names...) are set to default values, and I want to
modify them. Does anyone know how and why are they set to default
properties?
Thanks, you've been most helpfull so far!
Ana

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thx,but that's not actually what I needed.I need VBA code to put into my
access code so that when I send table from access to excel, I can change it,
and put white plot area and bold font etc. I have a code for that but it is
just NOT working and I don't know why. Everything I say like for example
xpAcc.ActiveChart.Legend. Position = xlBottom he just ignore and sets
everything on default (legend position left).
Any ideas?
Ana