Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Default values

Basically the steps a select a chart that with the formatting required;
right-click the chart and choose Chart Type; check the "Default" box in the
dialog. From then on all new charts 'inherit' the formatting of the chosen
chart

This has screen shots for Excel 2003

This has screen captures for doing it in Excel 2007
http://www.nirmaltv.com/2008/11/25/h...in-excel-2007/

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ana via OfficeKB.com" <u51486@uwe wrote in message
Hello!
I'm (still) making my dynamic charts from access to excel. Everything's
working just fine, except the fact that all properties (like gridelines,
legend position, axis names...) are set to default values, and I want to
modify them. Does anyone know how and why are they set to default
properties?
Thanks, you've been most helpfull so far!
Ana