Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Extracting Trendline Equation to a cell(s)

I have searched this Forum and the Internet and the answer I find is to use:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...da30f29434786d

Unfortunately I don't know how to apply this code. Is there an easy way for
a VBA newbie to use code this successfully and apply this code to a
worksheet(s)?

I have 30+ Charts to graph with data that will change at managements whim.
The equation will then compute a series of what ifs based on given Volumes.

Can someone help?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Dave -

Maybe you could use worksheet formulas, instead of VBA, described by John
Walkenbach at

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...line_formulas/

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Dave" wrote in message
I have searched this Forum and the Internet and the answer I find is to
use:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...da30f29434786d

Unfortunately I don't know how to apply this code. Is there an easy way
for
a VBA newbie to use code this successfully and apply this code to a
worksheet(s)?

I have 30+ Charts to graph with data that will change at managements whim.
The equation will then compute a series of what ifs based on given
Volumes.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the quick reply.

I hate to say this but:

Power Trendline is what I need
Equation: y=c*x^b
c: =EXP(INDEX(LINEST(LN(y),LN(x),,),1,2))
b: =INDEX(LINEST(LN(y),LN(x),,),1)

How do I establish the x and y vales sets, is this from the chart or the
data? In either case how do I input the values?

Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
I have searched this Forum and the Internet and the answer I find is to
use:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...da30f29434786d

Unfortunately I don't know how to apply this code. Is there an easy way
for
a VBA newbie to use code this successfully and apply this code to a
worksheet(s)?

I have 30+ Charts to graph with data that will change at managements whim.
The equation will then compute a series of what ifs based on given
Volumes.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ok I figured out the values of x & y, now the next question, can the arry
chage based on the selection using the cursor.

Exmpale, as I move the selection up and down the cell ranges, can the name
follow these values?

Thanks

"Dave" wrote in message
I have searched this Forum and the Internet and the answer I find is to
use:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...da30f29434786d

Unfortunately I don't know how to apply this code. Is there an easy way
for
a VBA newbie to use code this successfully and apply this code to a
worksheet(s)?

I have 30+ Charts to graph with data that will change at managements whim.
The equation will then compute a series of what ifs based on given
Volumes.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Dave -

I don't understand your question. That is, I don't understand exactly what
you want.

I suggest you look at Excel chart guru Jon Peltier's web site at
http://peltiertech.com/
especially the sections on dynamic charts at

After you study those resources, if you can't get what you want, post
another message.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com