rossgus

Default How to link trendline equation in graph to cell?

I can display a trendline equation in a graph but wish to link this equation
to a particular cell. I know I can copy and paste it but the cell equation
woln't update when the raw data changes. Also the LINEST function woln't work
because the raw data is not linear. Thank you
Jerry W. Lewis

Help for LINEST/LOGEST is extremly misleading. They fit functions that are
linear in the unknown coefficients (not just straight lines) which includes
all chart trendlines.

For polynomials see
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...Polynomial.htm
For logarithmic trendlines see

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d0f2172c25a661
For power trendlines see

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...c521d64df2f86a
For exponential trendlines see

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...55cd4118991d45

For Excel versions prior to 2003, the chart trendline may be significantly
more accurate (assuming you format it to give scientific notation with 14
decimal places) than LINEST and or SLOPE/INTERCEPT. If function results
agree with the chart trendline coefficients, then that is probably good
enough. Alternately David Braden has posted code to read coefficients
directly from the chart (to displayed precision)

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm....microsoft.com
and I have posted alternate formulas to calculate SLOPE/INTERCEPT to 2003
precision

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a03470e7a1c650

Jerry