Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default timeline chart within a scatter plot

I have an excel scatter plot that displays some point information when
the mouse cursor hovers over the data point. The information
displayed are beginning and end time for different events that
occured for that particular data point. What I would like to do now
is be able to chart a timeline chart that will display the different
time event when I click on a datapoint. Has anyone done anything
similar to this? A chart that can generate another chart in excel?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can use the click event to trigger a VBA procedure that creates the
second chart. Here's an article about chart events:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Laoballer" wrote in message
I have an excel scatter plot that displays some point information when
the mouse cursor hovers over the data point. The information
displayed are beginning and end time for different events that
occured for that particular data point. What I would like to do now
is be able to chart a timeline chart that will display the different
time event when I click on a datapoint. Has anyone done anything
similar to this? A chart that can generate another chart in excel?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"Laoballer" wrote in message

I have an excel scatter plot that displays some point information when
the mouse cursor hovers over the data point. *The information
displayed are beginning *and end time for different events that
occured for that particular data point. *What I would like to do now
is be able to chart a timeline chart that will display the different
time event when I click on a datapoint. *Has anyone done anything
similar to this? *A chart that can generate another chart in excel?

Thanks,

Would I be able to use the click event to query an ms access database
to retrieve the data for the time line chart into another sheet in the
excel file and then create the timeline chart? I also forgot to
mention that the parent excel scatter plot is generated using an
access program to retrieve the data then do the charting in excel.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The click event triggers any code you want it to. The code can query a
database or email the White House. Whatever you're clever enough to code.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.